It’s Helenduro time! Get Ready for Montana’s Premier Enduro MTB series. This Years courses will be featuring new trails yet to be seen on the series. there will be a variety of trails in the Helena area used and, just like previous years, they will favor the best all around rider. there will be XC – DH style trail used, and just like last year you have to use the same bike for all four days of the series. The course will be announced the Wednesday before the race to keep it as fair as possible for all racers. - bikes will be check before the start of each race.
For those that are not familiar with the rules/format:
the race is comprised of two different sections of the course -
1. timed sections: parts of the course that your overall placement is based on (usually, but not always downhill)
2. time allotment sections: these are parts of the course that you have to make it from point A to B within a certain amount of time. these sections are generally climbs. the first three riders in each allotment section get time bonuses, and those that fall out of the given time frame get a time penalty.
As said previously, one bike is allowed for the series. wheel/tire/component changes are ok, but Frame and Fork must stay the same and will be check at each race.
Helmets are required at all times during the race.
This year there will be three categories (Cat 1, Cat 2, & Cat 3) for each the Men’s, Women’s, and Junior races. You cannot race Cat 1 unless your current annual license states you as such. There will be no upgrades to Cat 1 on race days. Cat 2 and Cat 3 categories will not be limited by age. All men in a category will race on course together, the same going for the women and juniors. If there are four people or less in a category we will combine those people into another category.
Race Registration will be $25/day plus day license ($10/day) if you do not have a current annual license.
*Course info to be posted on Wednesday May 16, 2012*
Registration will open Friday evening at 6 pm – 8 pm at The Garage, and each morning at 8:30 am. (also at the Garage)
full weekend schedule to follow soon.
Day 1 -
Start – Tubs Trail Head
2. – Top of Horse Trail via Swaney, Diretissima, & Ridge
3. – Bottom of Horse Trail
4. – Top of South Dump via McKelvey Trail
5. – Intersection of South Dump and Mckelvey Trail
6. – Top of Mt. Helena via Mckelvey, West End, & 1906
Finish – Bottom of Dump Out Trail via Hogs Back, Prospector Shafts, & Dump Out Trail
Day 2 -
Start – Old Shooting Range Parking Lot
2. Top of Mt. Ascension via Entertainment
3. – Mid Archery Range via 2006, and Easy Rider
4. Top of the World via Archery Range, bottom of Entertainment, Davis Gulch, Dry Gulch, Lupine Dr.
Finish – Old Shooting Range Parking Lot via Top of the World, Rent Money, Fuchs, Rodney Meadow Trail
*official FaceBook Event HERE